To coordinate all activities related to international health including collaboration in this area and to adequately equip and prepare the Ministry to handle all matters related to global Health Diplomacy.
- Establish within Kenya and the ministry in particular, awareness on international health-related issues and opportunities, including strengthening the ministry's capacity in Global Health Diplomacy;
- Facilitate the ministry's active membership and participation in inter-governmental meetings and negotiations e.g. the WHO Regional Committees and the World Health Assembly, African Union, East African Community etc;
- Serve and promote the interests of the ministry on the regional and international health arenas;
- Follow up on key decisions made at regional and international fora and ensure implementation at ministry level;
- Develop, strengthen and promote the ministry's role in bilateral technical co-operations in health;
- Work with relevant government sectors to establish a Kenya Foreign Health Policy which will define the country's objectives in international co-operation in health.