To improve the well-being of children, women and families by developing policies and strategies that translates into specific public health programme activities.
The core functions of the department:
- Development of policies, strategies and progrmmes aimed at promoting preconception health and at ensuring access, availability and utilization to prenatal and postpartum care for pregnant women.
- Development of policies, strategies and programmes that promote healthy nutritional behaviors and physical activity among the MCH populations.
- Develop policies, strategies and programmes aimed at improving oral and mental health among MCH populations.
- Develop policies, strategies and programmes aimed at promoting healthy behaviors and reduce risk-taking behaviors among Adolescents.
- Development of policies, strategies and programmes aimed at ensuring comprehensive system of age appropriate screening, referral, and follow-up from birth through age 21.
- Development of policies, strategies and programmes aimed at ensuring adequate and skilled family health workforce
- Coordination of partnerships that support comprehensive systems to improve family health (MCH populations).
- Developing logistics systems to ensure timely availability of quality commodities and equipment required for the provision of family health services
- Vaccine and Immunization
- Child and Adolescent Health
- Reproductive Health