To coordinate all short, medium and long term planning and monitoring to ensure that all inputs are well coordinated and efficiently managed in support of the delivery of quality public health and sanitation services.
The core functions of the department will be to:
- institutionalize a planning process and monitoring system which is able to develop quality plans and performance monitoring reports.
- coordinate all departments of the ministry and its stakeholders in the development of quality short, medium and long term plans for the ministry
- coordinate all departments and its stakeholders in conducting performance monitoring and reviews
- build capacity of the ministry in planning and monitoring of service delivery and the supporting systems
- provide technical guidance to other departments in the development of short, medium and long term plans and performance monitoring reports
- collect and collate all relevant information including research relevant for planning of service delivery and the supporting systems
- develop the public health and sanitation reform agenda and ensure implementation of such reforms
- coordinate all relevant stakeholders to ensure that the delivery of public health and sanitation services is harmonized.
- mobilize resources required for strengthening planning and performance monitoring in the sector
- Technical Planning
- Performance Monitoring and Health Information Systems
- Health reforms and research
- Donor and NGO/FBO coordination