To ensure that procurement procedures are in place that ensure value-for-money, transparency and accountability of procurement of commodities, equipment and supplies for effective delivery of public health and sanitation services.
The core functions of the department:
- Timely procurement of goods and services
- Contract Management
- Maintenance of registered suppliers and procuring agents.
- Prepare, publish and distribute procurement opportunities through invitation to tender and expression of interest.
- Co-ordinate the receiving and opening of tender documents.
- Maintain and safeguard procurement and disposal documents and records.
- Co-ordinate the evaluation of tenders, quotations and proposals.
- Prepare and publish notices of tender awards and the ensuing contracts to the PPOA.
- Act as secretariat to the tender, procurement and disposal committees
- Monitor contract management to ensure successful implementation.
- Report any significant departures from the terms and conditions of contract to the Accounting Officer.
- Prepare consolidated procurement and disposal plans.
- Advise the Ministry on aggregation of procurement to promote economies of scale.
- Carry out periodic market surveys to inform adjudication of orders by the relevant award committee.