Kenya is among the five countries participating in the East Africa Regional Public Health Laboratory Networking Project involving Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda and Burundi. This five year project aims to support a network of efficient, high quality, accessible public health laboratories for the diagnosis and surveillance of TB and other communicable diseases.
The Ministry of Public Health and Sanitation wishes to recruit suitable candidates to fill the vacancies for the posts of five (5) drivers to facilitate smooth project operations within Nairobi and Wajir stations.
REQUIREMENTS FOR APPOINTMENT:
i) Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education Mean grade D+ or its equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution.
ii) A valid driving License free from any current endorsement (s) for the class (es) of vehicle (s) the officer is required to drive.
iii) Passed Occupational Trade Test II for Drivers/Suitability Trade test from a recognized Institution.
iv) A valid Certificate of Good Conduct from the Kenya Police.
v) Attended a First- Aid Certificate Course lasting not less than one (1) week at St John Ambulance or Kenya Institute Highways and Building Technology (KIHBT) or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
vi) Two (2) years working experience in a busy organization.
Deadline: 11th April, 2012 at 5.00 p.m.
• The drivers will be reporting to the Project Coordinator through the transport officer in the Department of Disease Prevention and Control who will be supervising their day to day assignments.
Duration of Contract:
• Initial Two (2) year contract extendable depending on performance.
• Four (4) drivers will be based in Nairobi at the Project Coordination Offices within National Public Health Laboratory Services, and One (1) driver to be based at Wajir District Medical Officer of Health office.
• Consolidated Salary equivalent to Job Group ‘H’ Salary scale i.e. Ksh 30,279 and 28,779 per month in Nairobi and Wajir Stations respectively.
• Entitled to 30 days annual leave.
• Gratuity payment at 31% of basic salary for service period payable at the end of the contract.
• Applicants are required to attach copies of National Identity Card, Academic Certificates and Testimonials and should specify their preferred duty Station (Nairobi or Wajir).
• Applications should be addressed to the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Public Health & Sanitation and should be received in Afya House Room 314, 3rd Floor not later than 11th April, 2012 at 5.00 p.m.